Board of Directors Meeting
Meeting will be held in-person at:
Ukiah City Council Chambers
300 Seminary Avenue
Ukiah, CA 95482
A. OPEN SESSION – CALL TO ORDER
B. ROLL CALL
C. AGENDA APPROVAL
D. PUBLIC COMMENT
Comments will be limited to three minutes per person and not more than ten minutes per subject, so that everyone can be heard. “Public comment” time is limited to matters under the jurisdiction of the Agency that may not have been considered by the Agency previously and are not on the agenda. No action will be taken. Members of the public may also comment during specific agenda items when recognized by the Chair.
Mike Pechner– Public comment received April 20, 2023
David Schonbrunn– Public comment received May 21, 2023
E. CONDUCT OF BUSINESS
1.Discussion and Possible Action Regarding Resolution 2023 -01 Approval of Agency Budget for FY 23/24
2. Discussion and Possible Action Regarding Resolution 2023-02 Approval of an Updated Final Budget for FY 22/23.
3. Discussion and Possible Action Regarding Approval of Engagement Letter with Pisenti and Brinker to Perform 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-22 Three Year Audit.
4. Discussion and Possible Action Regarding authorization for the Interim Executive Director to finalize negotiations and enter into an agreement not to exceed $25,000 for vegetation and property maintenance services in the vicinity of the City of Ukiah, Mendocino County.
F. CONSENT CALENDAR
1.Approval of Minutes – Regular Board of Directors Meeting- April 20, 2023
2. Approval of Financial Statements – April and May 2023
3. Approval of Warrants Issued – April and May 2023
4. Approval of Cal Card Statement – April and May 2023
G. STAFF REPORT
1. Executive Director Report – Karyn Gear
2. Great Redwood Trail Master Plan Update
H. MATTERS FROM THE BOARD
I. CLOSED SESSION
1. Discussion with Legal Counsel Regarding Pending Litigation:
Abandonment and Railbanking Filings before Surface Transportation Board, AB 1305X
[Government Code section 54956.9(a))]
2. Discussion with Legal Counsel Regarding Potential Litigation: Option Contract Held by Humboldt Redwood Company regarding Real Property in Humboldt County, Recorded Documents 1991-2323-5, 1991-2324-2
[Government Code section 54956.9(a)(2)]
J. ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEXT MEETING
Regular Board of Directors Meeting
Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:30am
Eureka City Council Chambers
531 K Street, 2nd Floor
All items appearing on the agenda are subject to action by the Board of Directors. Staff recommendations are subject to action by the Board of Directors. Staff recommendations are subject to change by the Board.
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA} REQUESTS
To request disability–related modifications or accommodations for accessible locations or meeting materials in alternative formats (as allowed under Section 12132 of the ADA} please contact Hiedy Torres, at least 72-hours before the meeting by email at: [email protected]
ADDITIONS TO AGENDA
The Brown Act, Section 54954.2, states that the Board may act on off–agenda items when: a) a majority vote determines that an “emergency situation” exists as defined in Section 54956.5, or b) a two–thirds vote of the body, or a unanimous vote of
those present, determines thot there is a need to take immediate action and the need for action arose after the agenda was legally posted, or c) the item was continued from a prior, legally posted meeting not more than five calendar days before this meeting.
ADDITIONAL MEETING INFORMATION FOR INTERESTED PARTIES
Written materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Board of Directors are available for public inspection in the GRTA office located at 419 Talmage Road, Suite M, Ukiah California with 72-hour notice. Documents maintained for public inspection are considered draft documents until approved by the Board of Directors. Official records are maintained for public inspection in the GRTA office.
If agendized, GRTA may adjourn to a closed session to consider litigation or personnel matters. Discussion of litigation or pending litigation may be held in closed session.
Stay up to date with agency news and projects by signing up for our mailing list.
Please visit the Master Plan website to shape future projects on the Great Redwood Trail